From “The Eating Clean Diet” by Colleen Guiltinan | FNC iMag
1. Teach your children about eating all of the colors of the rainbow, so that they can be in charge of balancing their own nutrition! Involve children in meal planning, grocery shopping and food preparation.
2. Children are much more likely to try something they made – whether they got to shop for the veggies, chop the veggies or grow the veggies!
3. Serving meals family-style lets everyone control what they want and makes children much less resistant to the expectations that go along with predetermined portions.
4. Be creative with “make it yourself” meals that let kids make their own wraps, salads, pizzas, tacos …
5. Reduce temptations by filling your home and pantry with healthy choices, and leaving the indulgences and temptations behind at the grocery store.
6. Incorporate new clean foods into the foods they already love to expand their clean food horizons!
7. Most importantly, enjoy your meals and your mealtime.
For more nutritious tips check out iMag’s Food Section.