Search Activist Awake
- To Those Who Mother and Nurture the Many Expressions of Life
- America Has Put the Dollar and Treasury Reserve Structure at Risk over Ukraine
- POOF for May 26, 2013 : The Continuing
- POOF for May 19, 2013: The Promised Land
- POOF for May 12, 2013: Happy Mother’s Day!
- POOF for May 5, 2013: What a Week!
- POOF for April 28, 2013: Justice Prevails
- POOF for April 21, 2013: A Return to Sanity
- POOF for April 14, 2013: LIBERATION
- POOF for April 7, 2013: Let the Good Times Roll
DisclaimerWe post a variety of authors writing on a variety of topics. The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the various authors on this website do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Activist Awake or its owners.
- 2012 2012 Portal 2013 Activism albert einstein Amit Goswami autism awakening banker arrests Banker Resignations banking corruption Bank of America banksters Barack Obama Ben Fulford Benjamin Fulford bill brockbrader BRICS cabal chemtrails children and gardening Citibank Clarissa Pinkola Estes Clintonville cobra David Wilcock divine cosmos Drake euro Eurozone FDA Financial Crisis Food fracking GMO GMOs Goldman Sachs Greece high fructose corn syrup IMF Iran warmongering Italy JPMorgan Chase Julian Assange Kashi kauilapele Libor Love Matt Taibbi meditation Mitt Romney Monsanto Netanyahu Nicolas Sarkozy Obama pineal gland Poland Poof Poofness Quantum Activism reboot the grid Rumi rupert murdoch Rush Limbaugh Rush Limbaugh advertisers Sandra Fluke Spain Tony Isaacs Trayvon Martin vaccines Vladimir Putin Volunteering waking up WikiLeaks World banker resignations
Tag Archives: Libor
August 9, 2012 | HuffPost Pretty much everybody in the world with subpoena power has hit JPMorgan Chase with requests for information in the Libor-rigging scandal. The biggest U.S. bank revealed the extent of its involvement in the probe in … Continue reading
July 16, 2012 | USAWatchdog.com The Libor interest rate rigging scandal is being called the biggest financial fraud in history. Libor is a key interest rate that is used globally to set as much as $800 trillion in transactions. It … Continue reading
July 22, 2012 | Reuters U.S. prosecutors and European regulators are close to arresting individual traders and charging them with colluding to manipulate global benchmark interest rates, according to people familiar with a sweeping investigation into the rate-rigging scandal. Federal … Continue reading
Washington Post | July 10, 2012 by Katrina vanden Heuvel “Banksters,” the cover of the Economist magazine charges, depicting a gaggle of bankers dressed as extras off the “Goodfellas” lot. The editors were reacting to Libor-gate, the collusion among traders … Continue reading
July 20, 2012| Huffington Post by Mark Gongloff, Chief Financial Writer So far Barclays has been the sad, British face of the Libor scandal, but there could soon come a day when an American bank could be the poster child … Continue reading
“Later, in a speech to Parliament, [Chancellor of the Exchequer] Mr. Osborne voiced the question that so many have asked recently in the United States. “Fraud is a crime in ordinary business — why shouldn’t it be so in banking?” … Continue reading
July 6, 2012 | Forbes The Libor scandal is about to get a whole lot worse. And, that’s the good news. Not only are at least twenty more big banks under investigation as part of a massive fraud to manipulate … Continue reading
July 8, 2012 | Business Insider What can we do to prevent banking scandals? In a recent interview, Bloomberg’s Caroline Connan asked Nouriel Roubini what he thought about the Barclays LIBOR rate-fixing scandal. Rather than addressing it directly, Roubini argued … Continue reading
Note: Robert Reich, one of the nation’s leading experts on work and the economy, is Chancellor’s Professor of Public Policy at the Goldman School of Public Policy at the University of California at Berkeley. He has served in three national … Continue reading
Exclusive: U.S. Conducting Criminal Libor Probe Carrick Mollenkamp, Reuters February 28, 2012 (Reuters) – The Justice Department is conducting a criminal probe into whether the world’s biggest banks manipulated a global benchmark rate that is at the heart of a … Continue reading